Attorney Michael Avenatti, last Thursday, handed an R. Kelly sextape to Cook County prosecutors. The 45-minute videotape is said to show R Kelly performing multiple sex acts with an underage girl, whom both Kelly and the girl describe on tape as being 14 years old.
Read below details about Attorney Michael Avenatti as he addressed the investigation against R. Kelly.
R Kelly was charged on Friday with multiple criminal counts of sexual abuse of a teenager.,”
Avenatti told CNN last week:
“My client knows the identity of the girl and R. Kelly. He identified the two of them on the videotape. He worked for and has known R. Kelly for decades and he met the girl on a number of occasions.”
Who is Attorney Michael Avenatti?:
- He represents 6 clients. Retained in April of last year by a concerned parent.
- I am representing at least one individual involved in the grand jury indictment.
- Says he’s been retained on a pro bono basis because of the miscarriage of justice in this case and the vulnerability of R Kelly’s victims.
- Avenatti says he represents the parents of one of the women believed to be with R Kelly right now.
Attorney Michael Avenatti on R Kelly:
- Attorney Michael Avenatti says R Kelly did not do this alone & it was all in the interest of money. “They didn’t want to kill the golden goose.”
- Says 2008 trial was rigged by R Kelly and his team. A team he consistently refers to as “enablers.”
- Avenatti refers to video brought up last week, but says his office knows of at least two more videos incriminating Kelly.
- Says they may add additional charges. Calls charges brought upon Kelly today well-thought out, conservative and the tip of the iceberg.
Avenatti’s message to R Kelly:
After 25 years of serial sexual abuse and assault of underage girls, the day of reckoning for R Kelly has arrived.
He will die in a prison…he should never walk free. The fix was in the first time…I’m highly confident that nothing is going to get screwed up this time.”
There’s no question that people very close to R Kelly participated in this conduct and enabled it…all in the interest of money.
It is high time you face justice for the conduct you’ve engaged in for the better part of two decades…don’t count on ever getting out of prison.”